It is a beautiful world out there......
These are difficult times. As you have likely started to feel the impacts of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic in your community, I hope you're taking extra care to stay safe and healthy, for yourself, your loved ones, and those around you. It is a stressful and emotional experience as our daily routines change.
Our hearts and thoughts are with all those affected by COVID-19, as well as their families, friends and loved ones. Like you, we have been moved by its vast and growing impact.
This pandemic is an unprecedented situation for travel and travellers. That means it is business as unusual for us at Personal Touch and for tourism in general. But keeping doing what we always do – focusing on the needs of our guests – means we’re taking some extra precautions and ease up to avoid any additional stress for people who already made reservations with us.
Now it's time to stay in, be safe and healthy. Details are changing by the minute it seems and obviously we, here in the remoteness of the bush in Zambia, are following the news, government rulings and obviously adjust our strategies accordingly.
We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization regarding the spread of the virus and our focus is to ensure we meet customer needs whilst doing our part to keep you and our employees safe.
If you have an existing booking, we look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to promote a safe and secure safari / rental experience in the remoteness of the Zambian bush. Below we give some information for guests with existing bookings and those many people out there who can't wait to plan an escape when safely possible again...
Thank you for your loyalty and look forward to seeing you soon!
In good health and stay safe
Best regards from beautiful South Luangwa,
Ben & Nathalie
How we deal with your existing bookings and take future bookings with confidence for all
• For increased flexibility, guests can change or cancel, without fees, any reservations for rentals due to start before 1st May.
• For bookings which start after this time (01-05-2020), there will not
be any penalties for changes made up to 72 hours before the start of your rental. Changes in dates can be made for up to 12 months after your original travel plan.
• We are easing up final payment arrangements for the entire year of 2020 for all existing and current bookings. Final payments no longer need to be paid 30 days before arrival. To ease the stress, balance payment can be paid 72 hours before arrival. We can even go as far as to accept final payment on arrival and will stay in close contact with you individually.
We are monitoring this situation closely and we will continue to be transparent with our guests as we learn more.
It remains our privilege to serve and take care of each of you.
Here’s what we’re doing currently and in the future......
• Long before these current concerns, the Personal Touch has been following specific cleaning protocols to ensure the health and comfort of our safari guests and staff. We have enhanced our already robust cleaning techniques of our vehicles after each rental. In particular, we are paying special attention to the places people touch such as steering wheels, door handles, safari bars, and other hard surfaces.
• We are also cleaning our garage facilities frequently with recommended sanitizing products and encouraging all employees to be vigilant about frequent hand washing.
• In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees. This includes instructing employees who feel ill to stay home and consult their healthcare providers. Daily temperature measurements are part of this for the next coming weeks.
Your safety is our highest priority and we truly appreciate the trust that you place in our team and our company.